Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Hour of Code and Edcamp model at Nashoba!

What is the Hour of Code? #hourofcode
The Hour of Code started as a one-hour introduction to computer science, designed to demystify "code", to show that anybody can learn the basics, and to broaden participation in the field of computer science. It has since become a worldwide effort to celebrate computer science, starting with 1-hour coding activities but expanding to all sorts of community efforts. 

I decide to organize and Edcamp model with my Computer Science teacher, Pat Clark and Librarian Tracy Landry. I was able so solicit teachers, students and members of my department (Andy LeBlanc, Dan Berube and Bob Austin) to participate and showcase coding and STEM.

We offered session on the library site 

You can view the calendar offerings here   and signup your class here

There has been so many great posts and tweets this week and I am fortunate so many of my colleagues joined in!  

No comments: