- Texting and Driving: A Killing Combination
- Boys, Girls, and Media Messages
- Help Your Kids Stay Safe and Secure in a 24/7 Digital World
- Parents' Guide to Protecting Kids' Privacy Online
- Parents' Guide to Kids and Cell Phones
- When Texting Turns to Torment
Teachers - Here is a great video from Commonsense Media/ High School Students Curriculum focused on Digital Literacy and Citizenship that is applicable for both teachers and parents. In order to access the lesson plans you will need to sign into Commonsense Media as an educator to access the materials.
Here are some suggestion I shared with Journalism students earlier in the semester.
- My Tweets today (see twitter feed on my blog)
- 12 Things Students Should Never Do on Social Media - Twitter tips for high school journalists
- Ten Ways journalists can use Twitter, before during and after reporting a story http://goo.gl/udMrRL - Twitter tips for high school journalists
- A Twitter Tutorial by http://www.jeadigitalmedia.org/2013/02/20/student-creates-twitter-tutorial/
- Top 7 Twitter Tutorials http://mashable.com/2009/05/31/twitter-tutorials-youtube
In the past, during 8th Grade Opoen House meetings we have coordianted a panel with outside members from Law Enforcement and the DA's office to discuss trending topics in social media and a reminder for students to review their on line Digital Footprint.