Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Fastest Growing Demographic on Facebook: Women Over 55

Fastest Growing Demographic on Facebook: Women Over 55 February 2nd, 2009
We have the latest demographic data on US Facebook user as of February 1, 2009. Before jumping into the details below, here are the highlights. Key Highlights
Facebook reporting nearly 45.3 million active US users in the last 30 days. Facebook growing in every age/gender demographic. Fastest growing segment: Women over 55, up 175.3% in the last 120 days. Facebook growing faster with women than men in almost every age group. Women comprise 56.2% of Facebook’s audience, up from 54.3%late last year. 45% of Facebook’s US audience is now 26 years old or older. Facebook US Audience Growth by Age and Gender... more

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can attest that this is true. I only joined Facebook over the summer. Right after Christmas, my aunt and uncle and then my husband's aunt joined and they are all in their mid 50s. At first I thought it was funny when I viewed their friend requests - but they are really into it. Maybe not as addicted as the 10th graders I know, but they're checking every day or couple of days and making friends left and right. They're using it exactly like my friends and I do - finding old friends and catching up.

Anonymous said...

Well, it did make me wonder why I joined Facebook a couple of months ago...