New Class Integrating Technology to Support DI - Part II
Dates - 10 hours per month (5 meeting and 5 online) Meet 20 hours * 4 hours online 20 hours * 5 hours
In Class - Wed 9/26/07 (3:15-7:15pm)
1. Registration, Syllabi, Review of Web 2.0 topics and new hardware. Class Blog, direction of class and assignments.
2. Document Camera Ken-a-vision
Applied Vision Software User Guide
Problem with installation and fix *new software due out in December 07
3. Senteo interactive response system (download for software) CD out of date, regitration code, see Peggy.
Schedule for evaluation for class see below
1.Foreign Language Department Week 1 – (October 1-5th) *Peggy Proctor will facilitate training and support (note Peggy passes to Martha)
2. English (Martha, Errinanne and Nicole) will use 10/9 – 10/16 **Martha will facilitate (Martha will then pass to Sherry at the elementary school)
3. Sherry at the Elementary/Primary School 10/17- 10/22 *Sherry will return back to Peggy on 10/22 - Not sure there is anyone else from class in this building??
Middle School (Steve’s mac will not accommodate at this time)
4. Steve’s mac o/s will not accommodate at this time.
Peggy bring back to class on 10/24 back for the second class.
*As mentioned in class, please keep locked and secure when not in use.
4. Subscribe to Subscribe to Techology and Learning Magazine, Edutopia and EdCompass Newsletter from SMART Technologies and configure your coogle read for topics of interest.
5. Class Blog postings
6. K-12 Online Conference
Welcome to the K-12 Online Conference!
The K-12 Online Conference invites participation from all educators from around the world who are interested in innovative ways Web 2.0 tools and technologies can be used to improve learning. This is a FREE conference run by volunteers and open to everyone, no registration is required. The conference theme is “Playing with Boundaries”. The 2007 conference begins with a pre-conference keynote the week of October 8, 2007. The following two weeks, October 15-19 and October 22-26, forty presentations will be posted online to the conference blog (this website) for participants to download and view. Live Events in the form of three “Fireside Chats” and a culminating “When Night Falls” event will be announced. Everyone is encouraged to participate in both live events during the conference as well as asynchronous conversations
7. Assignments between Sessions (Learn -Practice-Apply in Class-Assess-Share)
8. Online portion of class before next session.* Class Blog and K-12 Online Conference (poster to share with a colleague) review/participation.
Look at PBwiki and the tour. My pbwiki site
Note: A blog is about conversation and a wiki is more of a collaborative tool/site.
Online Topic - 1a. week ending - 10/11/07 (following weeks 5 hours - assignments)
See above topics 5-8
2. Wed 10/24/07(3:15-7:15) 2a. week ending - 11/9/07
Sharing of lesson, moving forward with Tablet PC's and multimedia carts.
K12 Online Conference
Blog (your class blog or School Center Site)
3. Wed 11/28 (3:15-7:15) 3a. week ending 12/6/07
Video Editing Tools and postings (MovieMaker, VoiceThreads, TeacherTube)
4. Wed 12/12 (3:15-7:15) 4a. week ending 1/11/07
Online Assessment of Project - Share with district
5. Wed January 30 (3:15-7:15) wrap-up session