Lesson 1 with Mrs. Doyle
- Trading Card for an influential person
- Introduce Google Classroom for collecting pdf files
Present to class on presentation techniques and tools.
Getting Students to create an engaging presentation and show creativity can be a difficult task. It's easy to put all the words on a slide and read the slide to the class but it's not very engaging! Here are some tips and a blog post to help prepare for your presentation:
1. Tap your enthusiasm
2. Get to the core of your message.
3. Tell a captivating story.
4. Wow them with words.
5. Create stunning slides.
6. Keep it simple.
There are several tools that you can use to create an interesting presentation.
- Google Presentation (incorporating YouTube Videos into the presentation
- Infographics (example http://piktochart.com)
Here are some example that I will show the class:
- http://prezi.com/0yqvqr8tv5xk/the-black-plague/ (turn sound off)
- Teacher Assignment on the plague http://prezi.com/oabtabt2uetl/the-black-death/
Infographic - (example http://piktochart.com)
Poster Example - http://www.themarysue.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/outbreak-infographic.jpg#geekosystem