Monday, January 6, 2014

5 Resolutions to Modernize your Teaching for 2014 - Repost and link to twitter!

I came across this great post by Dr. Justin Tarte on twitter this week.  He blogs at TeachThought and his post this week was 5 Resolutions to Modernize your Teaching for 2014. goo.gl/1d7lK1

To summarize -
There are countless ways we can make your classroom an even better place.
I particularly liked item 2 " No-Plan Friday.  This is a new approach I have been using in a class this semester.  I think it's a great way to get students to think outside the box.  Obviously, we still pan the the objectives of the lesson, but I have been leaving the activity and tool to use unplanned. 
  1. I will experiment with technology that scares me. 
  2. I will consistently try new approaches to learning. *
  3. I will teach through moments
  4. I will create a system that honors students.
  5. I will think literacy backwards.
Take few minutes to read his blog post and start a conversation with your students adn colleagues.

RT @justintarte: 5 Resolutions To Modernize Your Teaching For 2014 via @TeachThought
 goo.gl/1d7lK1


No comments: