Friday, August 7, 2009

Back online and reading

Over the summer I have continued to follow professional development topics on Twitter and the ISTE vision channel from the NECC conference I attended in Washington DC. A great tweet from Dennis Richards today post

I just finished reading Outliers Outlier" is a scientific term to describe things or phenomena that lie outside normal experience.

I started The Element, by Sir Ken Robinson. I would like to incorporate as a reading assignment in one of my Web 2.0 class. The book offers readera a series of mini-biographies, the life story of people who have become successful in spite of the education they received in the schools they attended. As Robinson explains the process, they have found their way to their Element, “the meeting point between natural aptitude and personal passion.”

Sir Ken Robinson On Transforming Education from Dennis Richards on Vimeo.


The Power to Transfrom by Stephanie Pace Marshall is also on my list to read.
A few more videos from following Twitter today.... Escalator Temporarily Stairs
Clay Shirky: How social media can make history | Video on TED.com
Dr. Seuss - The Zax

Technology Integration Matrix with Videos in Florida Schools. Great way to model best practices!

What are you learning this summer?

No comments: