Wednesday, May 24, 2017

PBL and Children's Books

Eariler in the month I blogged about our PBL late start and all the projects teachers worked on. Today the published books from Lulu  arrived for Mrs. Foley's class!  I wanted to capture the excitement with twitter and curate using Storify/link to model reflecting as part of the PBL process.  I couldn't be more proud of this teacher, class, project and group collaboration!

Reflection and PBL Design Elements and Essential Project Design Elements below.
I attempted to bring one of the books into Book Creator on the ipad and record a few of the pages and test out the new publish feature on the ipdad. Here is a sample of "Colorful Crowie" link  I am excited to read that Book Creator will be available for the web and chromebooks next year!  We keep reflecting on ways to improve as part of our design thinking process and I hope we do this project again! I am anxious to see the student do a Google Hangout with other schools in our district and share their work!
  
Our PLT's allowed us time to collaborate with each other and to understand the elements of projects versus true PBL.  What a great way to wrap up the year with PBL projects and showcase!

No comments: