Monday, January 16, 2017

Google Certified Trainers - Time to recertify

I am a Google Certified Trainer, this involved taking a series of tests in each area in order to become a Google Educator. I then submitted a portfolio and a recording of teaching a lesson to become a certified trainer.  As a trainer, I needed to submit evidence of sessions at conference, hangouts, PD sessions and classes. After 12-18 months we had to re-take all the test for a second time.

I was notified by a colleague this week the NEW re-certification process was due this week, Friday January 20th. I do wish they did a better job notifying us of the changes.  I was pleased to see the test was only on the new features of G-Suite and a study guide was provided. I was able to complete the Training Sessions and log with the Activity App, share a resource and take the Product Update Exam this weekend and pass!

To learn more about becoming a Certified Educator visit here.  To learn more about becoming a Certified Trainer visit here.

No comments: