Friday, May 9, 2014

Screencasting updates

In the past I have used Jing to create screencasts and host to screencast.com, which saves as a swf/flash file and works great.  However when working with students the computers in our school do not have the ability to download programs so I started using Screencast-O-Matic a web-based screencasting tool.  Student's have been posting to their YouTube accounts and then have the ability to use the YouTube Editor to change or enhance the screencast.  Here is an example of How-To Create a Class Site using Google Sites and
here is a link to the video edited with the YouTube editor and caption slides.
Draft 1 (I need to work on this and will prepare a better verision this week),

I wasn't happy with the above screencast so I did another verision. One with music and one without,
I also had lots of problems when I downloaded Screencast-o-matic into a video editor.  My voice was in fast forward and I was not able to slow down.  So, I reverted back to using my SmartRecorder.

TAKE – 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcHwJnHlFEM&feature=youtube_gdata
with music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlwgFs_pGTI&edit=vd


 

This has been a humbling experience! I am glad I have introduced screencasting to students in Multimedia this year!

No comments: