I have noticed many schools are blogging and using micro-blogging (aka Twitter) to connect with students and family.
Here are a few local schools and educator that I follow:
- Burlington (former Principal, now Assistant Superintendent,
Patrick Larkin https://twitter.com/patrickmlarkin
- Burlington Principal https://twitter.com/bhsprincipal
- Our former principal, Mr. Roche https://twitter.com/Principal_FHS
- Tom Whitby and Tuesday night #edchat https://twitter.com/tomwhitby
- Bedford NH Bulldogs https://twitter.com/BHSBulldogs
- Wayland Student Press http://waylandstudentpress.com/
Twitter http://waylandstudentpress.com and twitter https://twitter.com/WSPN
- How Journalist are using Social Media Google+ /Hangouts and more
When working with students around the topic of Digital Citizenship I always encourage students to make sure their digital footrprint is appropriate and will assist them with applying to college or for a job. Here is an interesting inforgraphic "College Student Guide to a Professional Profile".
I am sometime I am reminded that teachers may use social media professionally and it's to make sure we connect with how student may be using social networking tools and use it as a learning opportunity to educate students.