Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Using Digital Tools for SEL, DT and other PD Topics

Rethinking, lessons, delivery, pacing and SEL this month.

  • Lesson Design at FSU (Redesign for full Remote deliver) some of the tools I will be using:
    • Hyperdocs, Jamboard, Design Thinking, PearDeck, Nearpod and Interactive Notebooks all curated on Google Sites Portfolios

  •  District PD on SEL - Online Course "Managing Emotions in Times of Uncertainty & Stress" This course has inspired me to create activities for advisory sessions and especially students in Remote Learning Academy classes,
During the month of February I will be coordinating a "Virtual Tech Tasting" in my district with a focus on on Using Digital Tools for SEL. 
  • I will be focusing on Jamboard and also my experience with Nearpod this year! I have curated many of the resources in Wakelet along with a presentation and Jam.  Which can be found here http://bit.ly/LBMStechtasting2021 
Other topics in March will be the annual #DLDMedfield Day of Learning where I will co-present a recorded session on Design Thinking strategies that I have been using the last several years. bit.ly/letsjamdt  


I am proud that my high school colleagues have continue to share their knowledge and Design Thinking journey and recorded their session here "If you feel you're sinking, try Design Thinking" http://bit.ly/designthinkwhenyousink 

Over the years we have done the Ideal Wallet Challenge, (now available as online /remote) dStandord https://dschool.stanford.edu The Five Chair Challenge /pdf  (student response and designs)
Other options: John Spencer's Launch -Tiny House and Global Day of Design.  

So lots going on in addition to working on MS Curriculum and pacing guides and lessons!  I will be teaching my FSU grad class / Lesson Design and plan to redesign many of the lessons using engagement tools and techniques I have been exploring this year along with many of the SEL strategies I am learning and applying with teachers and students.

No comments: