Friday, March 6, 2020

Nashoba Innovates PD March 6th

I was delighted to see Dr. Tony Wagner present at our district professional development day on March 6th! Our Our district selected his book Creating Innovators and our department read the book.

This was not the first time I read his book!  Several years ago, I read the book the book and it informed my thinking as the booked discussed portfolios, Olin College and High Tech High in San Diego. After vising Olin College with member of my department, the trip inspired us to explore Project-Based Learning and Design Thinking.  So, I was pleased to re-read the book and discuss with member of my department.

We created a journal, read the book and watched the videos together over the last several months (we created a journal and a wakelet) to curated the information!  This year I created portfolios for all students in the high school as a learning goal!


Students presented their portfolios of work (POW) in the student showcase during PD. Dr. Wagner visited the showcase and met with students to discuss their projects!

Below is the link to the presentation and links to students portfolios!
http://bit.ly/nashobaportfolioshowcase










More information   - to be updated!



Other great sessions that I attended - Deeper Learning Through Authenticity and Real World Experience with http://tomdriscolledu.com/nashoba  Book: In Search of Deeper Learning
The Portrait of a Graduate https://nashobapd.weebly.com by Nipmuc admin was excellent!


No comments: