Friday, November 30, 2018

Virtual Reality using Google Expeditions in Social Studies

This week a social studies teacher and I planned a Google Expedition for an upcoming lesson on the Great Wall of China.  The teacher and I met to discuss an upcoming lesson and practice the use of implementing VR/Virtual Reality in the classroom. While planning the lesson, we pulled in both the principal and assistant principal to experience VR. 

As part of the planning, I had the teacher create a twitter account to share out the experience.  The lesson was being planned for two periods (D and F) on Friday, November 30th. 

We delivered the lesson today and I am delighted at the experience I observed students having in the classroom. Check out Mr. Denson on Twitter! It's always a great day when you can inspire teachers and students to take a risk.  I'm very proud of a new teacher taking a risk and allowing others to observe the experience! Next up, we will be exploring Google Tour Creator https://vr.google.com/tourcreator  and the use of the rioch theta 360 camera to capture the experience.

No comments: