Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Learning and Reflecting more on Design Thinking from Cooper Hewitt & PBL

Yesterday I spent the day with colleagues from other districts at #DLDMedfield.  Whenever I decide to present I always spend a great deal of time thinking about my the audience and how to make the session meaningful and work for all participants.  I reviewed my last year's presentation on Adobe Spark and thought I would just tweak it for this year.  Instead, the night before I ended up watching a Tips and Tricks Video on Adobe Spark in the Classroom and learned about all the new features they added this week.  Guess what?  We ended up completely redesigning our presentation and make it more current and relevant.  When providing presentations it makes you stop, think and reflect on your most authentic projects and how to share the reflection along with the tool.

In addition, I was able to attend a Cooper Hewitt's presentation @cooperhewitt  on Design Thinking with a group of colleagues.  I have been intrigued with PBL and Design Thinking for the last few years and I enjoy not only learning about Design Thinking but actually experiencing the process using materials provided in the presentation. 

As I return to school today, I am reflecting on the process of taking the time to showcase student work and celebrate teachers that are willing to take risks and share.  

Last fall we had a great experience sharing out PLT on PBL at MassCUE bit.ly/PBLmasscue and  I think I will collaborate with my colleagues to see if we will showcase PBL and Design Thinking again next fall at the conference!



No comments: