Friday, February 2, 2018

Digital Hall Passes? Research

During a staff meeting a few months ago teachers were very frustrated with students not returning passes (wood blocks) to their classroom.

I knew there had to be better way to track students in the building when leaving your classroom and going to another location in the building.  My first thought is student ID cards and the ability to scan your card exiting the room. I inquired last spring with our yearbook vendor and reached out again today.  I would tend to think the student ID and our SIM system should be able to talk to each other.  I am still investigating.

In the meantime, I remember view posts on using Google Forms and QR codes to track in a spreadsheet.  I did a little research today and found a few posts and examples to try out.

I actually found a company e-hall pass talking about the wood block example.
I also found a few twitter posts with a sample1 and sample 2. I ended up creating my own example to test with a business teacher next week. I was looking for a way to sign the student out of the class but also record their return time.

Stay tuned!

No comments: